Situated in the island chain of St. Vincent and The Grenadines, Palm Island is located on its own private 100- acre island hideaway at the end of the Windward Island group of the Eastern Caribbean. The resort is accessible via the hotel's launch from Union Island, which is about a 10-minute ride. There are daily flights from Barbados to Union Island.
The magical islands of the Grenadines. A part of the world where time is suspended, waters are clear and the beaches are dazzling white. In this mystical strand of jewels lies the gem of Palm Island. A paradise where tranquility is a state of mind and guests have the opportunity to do as little or as much as they please.
- Art Gallery
- Entertainment (nightly)
- Fishing ($)
- Fitness Center
- Games (table)
- Guest Services Desk
- Ping Pong
- Pool (freshwater)
- Sailing ($)
- Table Tennis
- Trail (hiking) (3)
Internet Access Complimentary wireless internet access on a provided computer. Guests with their own laptops can connect in the satellite television lounge and in (or near) the library. Note: Due to island location internet access is not always available. Miscellaneous Amenities
• Library with book exchange
• Satellite television lounge
• Sandy Feet boutique
• Massage Room for spa services ($) Tennis Court (daytime) One daytime tennis court with Astro Turf surface. ($) Denotes a fee may be charged. Please note: Some hotel amenities listed above may have an additional fee associated with them.
Alternative Lifestyles (Gay/Lesbian), Leisure and Family Friendly.
• Check-in-time: 3:00 pm Check-out-time: 12:00 pm
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• Children under 16 years old are not permitted at the resort 01/03/16-04/06/16.
• Children under 12 years old are not permitted at the resort 04/07/16-01/02/17.
• Children are charged at the adult rate (no child rates are offered).
2016 Palm View - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Beachfront - 2 adults.
• Island Loft - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
• Sea Grape Suite - 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.** Three B/R Villa (Seafeather) - 6 adults or 2 adults and 4 children.
• Two B/R Villa (Southern Cross) - 4 adults.
Key: B/R = Bedroom
Please Note (**) Third adult will be accommodated using a rollaway in this category.
Palm View, (approximately 560 square feet) Set slightly back in the gardens. These accommodations all feature sitting areas and private furnished terraces overlooking either the pool or the garden. Features include a king-size bed (tub and a separate shower) or two queen beds (double shower only), and air conditioning.
• Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 queen beds. View: Garden or Pool.
Beachfront, (approximately 450 square feet) These cottages are housed in ten separate buildings on the beach, all with furnished private terraces with direct ocean views and one building set slightly back in the gardens still with an ocean view. Features include king-size beds and bathrooms with shower only and air conditioning.
• Bedding: 1 king bed. View: Ocean.
Sea Grape Suite, (approximately 560 square feet), these rooms are housed in a two-story building set right on the ocean. Features include king bed, a small sitting area, a double shower, large soaking tub and a covered furnished terrace or balcony. Third person will be accommodated on a rollaway in this category.
• Bedding: 1 king bed.
Island Loft, (approximately 514 square feet) Three of the island lofts are perched above the ground on stilts, set back from the beach amid lush gardens with two queen-size beds, sitting areas, deep-soaking tubs, separate showers, portable air conditioning, private terraces and ocean views. Two lofts are set right on the beach feature king-size beds, deep-soaking tubs and separate showers, portable air conditioning, private terraces and views that look across the water toward the Tobago Cays.
• Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 queen beds. View: Ocean.
Three Bedroom Villa, (Seafeather) (approximately 4000 square feet) This is a three bedroom villa with entertaining patios that are literally on the oceans edge of Palm Island's northern beach. Bedding: 1 king bed, 1 queen bed, & 1 twin bed.
Two Bedroom Villa(*), (Southern Cross) (approximately 4000 square feet) Adults only. A two bedroom master villa set up on the cliffs with four timber decks with stellar water views and traditional open air Caribbean living; complete with its own private infinity-edge swimming pool.
• Bedding: 2 king beds. View: Ocean.
Additional Accommodation Details:
• Accommodations are appointed with custom bamboo furnishings, woven rattan ceilings, louvered-windows, and rich, subtle fabrics, cotton bathrobes, mini-fridges with complimentary soft drinks, quality teas, in room safes, hair dryers, tea kettles and coffee makers.
Additional Villa Details:
• Luxurious new villas with living room, dining area, full kitchen, each bedroom features in-suite marble bathrooms with spacious step-in showers. Terraces overlooking the ocean. The kitchen is lightly stocked with coffee and tea amenities, cereal, fresh fruit, snacks, 2 bottle of champagne, beer, spirits, soft drinks, phones, private golf cart, satellite TV and DVD.
**Please Note - Important Notation**:
• There are no televisions or telephones in the Palm View, Beachfront, Suite and Island Loft accommodations. TV viewing is available in a designated public area only. Worldwide telephone and fax facilities are available but not in the guestrooms and are charged per page, per fax for faxing and printing services (including airline tickets). Please advise all agents/guests accordingly.
(*) Denotes on request basis only, no allotment given.
All accommodations include: bathrobes, safe (in accommodation), balcony or terrace, room service, turndown service, bath amenities and mini refrigerator.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
Royal Palm Restaurant, Open air dining pavilion which features European cuisine with a West Indies infusion. Caribbean barbecue every Friday night. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Sunset Grill(*), The Island's more relaxed venue. Open daily for lunch and dinner in season. Special themed evenings are scheduled weekly in the lower season. Serving a West Indies cuisine and international lighter fare offerings.
(*) Denotes reservation is required.
RENEWAL OF VOWS PACKAGE 2016 This package is complimentary when staying 13 nights or longer on the All Inclusive(AI) Plan, when guests are confirmed in a Beachfront category or higher.
Booking Dates: 07/29/2015 - 12/21/2016 Travel Dates: 01/03/2016 - 12/21/2016
• Services of a wedding coordinator
• Decorated site for the ceremony (the Renewal of Vows celebrations is set up for a max 6 people including couple based on inclusions below)
• Marriage Officer
• Single tier cake
• Commemorative certificate
• Sparkling wine
• There is a cost associated with this package if guests do not meet the criteria mentioned above.
WEDDING PACKAGE 2016
Booking Dates: 07/29/2015 - 12/21/2016 Travel Dates: 01/03/2016 - 12/21/2016
• Wedding license and governmental fees
• Local registrar fees
• Wedding official and ceremony charges
• Certified copy of marriage license
• Decorated site for wedding ceremony and reception (for up to 6 people including Bride & Groom)
• Bouquet of fresh local flowers for the bride
• Boutonniere for the groom
• Single tier wedding cake
• One bottle of sparkling wine
• All hotel taxes and gratuities
• Best Man/Maid of Honor (if needed)
• The wedding ceremony is performed on Palm Island; however, a trip to St. Vincent is required to secure proper legal documentation. Round-trip air transportation to St. Vincent and applicable airport transfers are not included in the wedding package for the bride, groom and the marriage officer. An additional cost will apply and must be paid locally.
• A taxi chaperone is also available at an additional cost (currently the fee is $25.00 per hour and is subject to change).
• Due to flight and ferry schedules, all couples must be on the Island the Sunday prior to to their wedding.
• All weddings are on a request only basis until the time and date are confirmed by Elite Island Resorts.
• A Free Wedding is available with a 7 night stay (or longer) on the All Inclusive Platinum Plan in a Beachfront category or higher. (Some restrictions apply - Free Wedding may not be combinable with some offers and/or packages). Transportation charge to St. Vincent will still apply.
• Weddings will not be scheduled over the holidays (12/22/16-01/02/17).
Waiting time and legal proceedings:
• A full 48 hours waiting time is required before legal proceedings can begin.
• Couples must fly to the main island of St. Vincent for the day to attend the Ministry of Legal Affairs, where they will complete and sign a declaration stating that the information they are giving is correct.
• The Ministry is not open on weekends or public holidays.
• If there is any doubt as to either person's single status, it may be necessary to swear an affidavit before a solicitor (at a cost of approximately US $40.00 each, subject to change).
ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE 2016
Booking Dates: 07/29/2015 - 01/02/2017 Travel Dates: 01/03/2016 - 01/02/2017
• All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
• All beverages (name-brand liquors, afternoon tea, house wine by the glass, Caribbean beers, tropical coolers and soft drinks by the glass)
• Non-motorized watersports including windsurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, hobie-style catamarans and stand up paddle boarding
• Day light tennis
• Use of freshwater swimming pool
• Activities such as horseshoes, shuffleboard and bicycles
• All tips, taxes and service charges
• Room service is not available.
Package inclusions are subject to change.
• Please advise clients of the fact that guest rooms do not have televisions or telephones. Television viewing is available in a designated public areas only.
• Worldwide telephone and fax facilities are available.
• Please advise clients of Palm Island the resort's dress code (see below).
• In the restaurants, shoes are worn and bathing suits covered. After 6:30pm, men wear shirts with collars, either long or short sleeves and long pants or stylish jeans (no T-shirts or tank tops). Tailored Bermuda-length shorts are allowed for men (no shorts, Capri or 3/4 pants); and women wear dresses, skirts, long pants or stylish jeans, culottes or tailored Bermuda-length shorts (no "short shorts" or cutoffs).
Destination Information - Important
• Please advise all clients traveling to Barbados:
• That the wearing of camouflage or military apparel is illegal, and clothing will be confiscated and persons will be charged accordingly.
• US Citizens traveling to and from the Caribbean require a valid passport to regain entry into the United States.
Free Ferry Transfer
• Scheduled transfers from Union/Palm Island/Union are included in rates. Guests are greeted at Union Airport and escorted to Union Island Ferry dock for free ferry transfers to Palm Island. Transfers available daily from Palm Island to Union Island. Please advise guests to check front desk for scheduled times.
Inter Island Flight Requirements:
• In order to book the inter island flights for all Palm Island bookings it is mandatory that the hotel receives the following information prior to arrival:
• Departure city, airline, flight number, departure time and arrival time into Barbados.
• Returning city, airline, flight number, departure time and arrival time into home city.
• Country where the passport was issued.
• Date of birth for each passenger.
• The information listed above is required before we can book the inter island air transfer(s). Please remember seats are limited (only 16) on a daily basis.
Air Transfer Information from Barbados (BGI):
• Palm Island will book the Barbados flights from the Florida office. International arrival and departure details must be noted on original reservation request along with final manifest.
• Palm Island will book the best connecting flights from BGI to international services.
• Complete names, birth dates and passport numbers (as appearing on the passport) should be given. Palm Island will book the best connecting flights from Barbados to Union Island and advise you of these flight details once confirmed.
Transfer Flights from Barbados (BGI) - For arrivals beginning on 12/01/15:
• Effective dates: 12/01/15-Onwards
• On special request, future Palm Island bookings may still include an inter-island flight from Barbados (BGI) to Union Island (UNI). However, the BGI-UNI inter-island flight will no longer be free, and will be at a cost per person, round trip, regardless of length of stay.
General Transfer Information:
• A Palm Island representative will meet and assist guests upon arrival into Barbados.
• Guests will not clear customs in Barbados, but will proceed to the inter-island flight desk.
• All luggage will be collected and transferred to the Union Island flight by the representatives.
• Guest will clear customs upon arrival to Union Island and proceed to the boat jetty for the transfer to Palm Island (transfers included).
• Palm Island will advise all guest of their departure time from Palm Island on the homeward journey and will be transferred to the airport by Palm Island personnel.
• Flights are on request and will take a minimum of 3 days to confirm if available.
• Latest arrival time into Barbados is 4:00pm.
• Failure to arrive for check-in at this time results in an overnight hotel supplement in Barbados and clients will be booked onto the next available flight. Charges for flights may apply for missed connections. Palm Island cannot be held accountable for any charges incurred by missed connections due to incoming international services. Amendments to flights may incur additional charges.
• On Return: Earliest departure from Union Island to Barbados is 11:00am.
Credit Card Requirements:
• All guests are required to provide a credit card at check-in for possible incidentals not included on the All Inclusive plan (i.e. phone calls, bottled beverages, and spa & beauty treatments).
Air Transfer Information from St. Lucia (UVF):
• For new Palm Island bookings with arrival dates from 12/01/15 onwards, guests will be routed through St. Lucia's Hewanorra International Airport (UVF). This new service from UVF to Union Island International Airport (UNI) will be available every day except Wednesdays.
Flight Schedules will be as follows:
• Hewanorra (UVF) to Union Island (UNI)
• Guests must arrive at UVF by 3:15pm to make the connecting flight to UNI.
• After clearing Immigrations in St. Lucia, guests will be met by the designated ground agents and escorted to the inter-island flight departure area.
• Flight departs UVF at 4:15pm and arrives in UNI at approximately 4:50pm.
Union Island (UNI) to Hewanorra (UVF)
• Flight departs UNI at 12:15pm and arrives at UVF at approximately 12:50pm.
• Please allow at least 90 minutes to clear Customs and Immigration in St. Lucia.
• The UVF to UNI inter-island flight remains complimentary (at no cost to guests) for stays of 7 nights or longer.
• For stays of less than 7 nights, there is a cost for the inter-island flight (per person).
• All inter-island flights for North American clients traveling to Palm Island will be booked by Elite's main office in Deerfield Beach, Florida.
• Palm Islands baggage limitations and minimum stay requirements will remain unchanged for 2016 (or until advised otherwise).
• As always, the hotel must have clients international arrival and departure information before they can confirm their hotel and inter-island air bookings.
• Allowance of 1 standard piece of hang luggage per passenger not to exceed 13 lbs.
• Free Checked baggage allowance will be one (1) bag per passenger not to exceed 44 lbs
• A second checked bag not to exceed 44 lbs will be US $50 per passenger
• A third checked bag not to exceed 44 lbs will be US $100.00 per passenger
• The maximum number of checked bags allowed per passenger will be 3 bags
• The hotel recommends traveling light and bringing the minimum amount of luggage to avoid airport and transfer delays.
• Due to the limitations of inter-island flights, there is the possibility that a guest's luggage may not arrive at Palm Island at the same time the guest arrives. Therefore, we require the Operator to notify all guests booked at Palm Island that they should pack a carry-on bag with a change of clothes and necessary toiletries in the event their checked luggage does not arrive at Palm Island until the following day.