Distance from hotel to town, 25 miles (40 kms). Distance from hotel to Luis Munoz Marin International Airport (SJU), 19 miles (31 kms).
Nestled between El Yunque Rainforest and a mile stretch of secluded beach, the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa is Puerto Rico's most exotic beach, golf and spa resort destination. 500 magnificent acres with spectacular ocean, rainforest and lush tropical views serve as backdrops to 400 newly renovated guestrooms.
Located on the N.E. Ecological Corridor of Puerto Rico's shoreline, the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar is a haven for fun, sun and forging memorable experiences. The resort boasts two championship golf courses & tennis center, an exclusive spa, awardwinning cuisine, an exciting casino, two nature preserves and a guest experience program that encompasses the beauty and nature of its magical surroundings. From sun worshiping on our golden beach to sea turtle nesting encounters, guided nature and bird watching tours, there is much to explore and experience at the Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa.
- Boutiques ($)
- Children's Club
- Dive Shop
- Parking (self) ($)
- Parking (valet) ($)
- Pools (freshwater) (4)
- Rooms (528)
- Shops ($)
- Suites (72)
- Tennis Courts (11)
- Tours & Excursions ($)
- Watersports Center
Golf Courses: (2)
• Ocean Course, 18 Hole Championship Course. Signature Hole - #16
• River Course, 18 Hole Championship Course. Signature Hole - # 3 Club House Country Club Amenities Include:
• Locker rooms
• Iguana's Pub
• Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room
• Grille room
• Showers & lounge area
• Open air atrium, a great place to relax after a day on the links
• Private room available with lunch and dinner for groups of up to 14 people (must be reserved in advance). Spa (full Service): ($) The Mandara Spa offers eleven treatment rooms, oceanfront meditation areas, a hair & nail salon and fitness center. Services at the Mandara Spa are at an additional cost. Fitness Center No additional charge for use of the fitness center equipment. Spa Services: ($) Services at Mandra Spa are at an additional charge Watersports (non-motorized): ($) Non-motorized watersports equipment is at an additional charge. ($) Denotes a fee may be charged. Please note: Some hotel amenities listed above may have an additional fee associated with them.
• Check-in-time: 3:00 pm Check-out-time: 12:00 pm
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• Child age break is 17 years old.
2016 Rainforest View King - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children (rollaway).
• Rainforest View 2 Queen - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Pool View King - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children (rollaway).
• Pool View 2 Queen - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Ocean View King - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children (rollaway).
• Ocean View 2 Queen - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Junior Suite Rainforest View - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Junior Suite Ocean View - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Maximum occupancy for all rooms and suites are the same:
• 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults and 1 child.
Rainforest View King, Spacious rooms with awe-inspiring views of El Yunque Rainforest offer vibrant sophisticated decor, over-sized bathroom and private balcony with modern comforts; including complimentary Wi-Fi. 475 square feet. 1 king bed.
Rainforest View 2 Queen, Spacious rooms with awe-inspiring views of El Yunque Rainforest offer vibrant sophisticated decor, over-sized bathroom and private balcony with modern comforts; including complimentary Wi-Fi. 475 square feet. 2 queen beds.
Pool View, Spacious rooms with pool views. 1 king bed.
Pool View 2 Queen, Spacious rooms with pool views. 2 queen beds.
Oceanview, Spacious rooms with panoramic views of the ocean and the resort offer vibrant sophisticated decor, oversized bathroom and private balcony with modern comforts; including complimentary Wi-Fi. 475 square feet. 1 king bed.
Oceanview 2 Queen, Spacious rooms with panoramic views of the ocean and the resort offer vibrant sophisticated decor, oversized bathroom and private balcony with modern comforts; including complimentary Wi-Fi. 475 square feet. 2 queen beds.
Junior Suite Rainforest View, These spacious 775 square feet, extra large rooms with spectacular views of El Yunque Rainforest feature 1 king bed, a seating area with sofa bed, a private balcony with vibrant sophisticated decor and modern comforts; including complimentary Wi-Fi.
Junior Suite Ocean View(*), These spacious 775 square feet, extra large rooms with spectacular ocean views feature 1 king bed, a seating area with sofa bed, a private balcony with vibrant sophisticated decor and modern comforts; including complimentary Wi-Fi.
(*) Denotes on request basis only, no allotment given.
All accommodations include: telephones, safe (in accommodation), video check-out, air conditioning, voicemail, balconies, bath amenities, clock radio, coffee maker, crib (on request), hairdryer, iron, ironing board, mini-bar, mirror (vanity), room service (24-hour) and video account review.
Miscellaneous Amenities Tiled entryway and bathrooms lead into a golden brown and black specked carpet with white bed spreads on Heavenly Beds and rattan furniture. Lounge chair with ottoman and a armoire with drawer space.
Rollaway Bed (on Request): ($)
• Rollaway beds are available at a charge
• King bed rooms can have only one rollaway
• Rollaways are not allowed in the rooms with two Queen beds
Television All the rooms have a 25" color remote-controlled cable TV with movie channels and "On Command Video Services" for new release movies.
($) Denotes a fee may be charged.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
Lobby Bar, This lovely Spanish-Caribbean setting welcomes you to the perfect place for quiet conversation, garnished with entertainment and dancing each night.
Tiki Bar, Right on the beach you can enjoy fruity tropical beverages, beautiful ocean views and live music.
Cobitos, In a delightful open-air setting, spectacular ocean views and gentle trade winds flavor an upscale bistro menu.
Boleros Lounge, For an enjoyable difference, visit this tapas lounge offering tempting appetizers and late night snacks.
Player's Lounge, When you are ready for a break from the excitement and thrills of the Casino, this lounge is a sure bet for refreshing beverages.
Iguana's Pub, Enjoy sandwiches, salads and local cuisine, garnished by stunning golf course and Rain Forest views.
Aqua Luna, Fresh fish and seafood, simply grilled but delicious.
Club Coqui, Enjoy sandwiches and snacks throughout the day in a tropical outdoor poolside setting featuring live calypso and beach music.
Marbella Restaurant, Open throughout the day with spectacular buffets and table service in a relaxing oceanview setting.
Palio, This award-winning restaurant indulges your good taste with classical Northern Italian specialties and gracious service in elegant surroundings. Open daily for dinner.
Shimas, Delight your taste for the Orient at the Asian Bistro and Sushi Bar, serving authentic Japanese sushi, plus a wide array of tantalizing dishes from the Far East.
The Grille Room, Enjoy tender steaks, fresh seafood, fine wines and spectacular views of their two championship golf courses at the Rio Mar Country Club.
Package inclusions are subject to change.
Full American Plan - FAP Full breakfast buffet, lunch and dinner.
Modified American Plan - MAP Full breakfast buffet and dinner daily.
• Meal program prices are per adult (13 years old and older), per day basis and include gratuities.
• No alcoholic beverages are included
• Children 6-12 years old can purchase meal programs at 50% of adult price and will select items from the children's menu at participating outlets
• All guest in the same hotel room need to be on the same plan
• Meal programs are not available during certain peak season Festive/Holiday weeks (currently not available 12/18/15-01/03/16).
• There will be no refund for any unused portions of a meal plan.
• The hotel reserves the right to limit and/or exclude any menu item or special meals from the "Optional Meal Plan Programs".
2016 Bonus Features:
• Travel Dates: 01/04/2016 - 04/30/2017
• Unlimited use of facilities at Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa
• Complimentary Wi-Fi in guestrooms, lobby, pools & lounge area
• Use of fitness center
• Internal resort shuttle transportation
• Pool/beach services including towels and chairs, beach showers and pool umbrellas (when available)
• In-room coffee
• Two complimentary bottles of water on arrival (per stay)
• Use of beachfront sand volleyball court
• Complimentary use of safes in guestrooms
• Complimentary use of driving range and 1 bucket of balls
• Daily Guest Activity Program
Children's Program The Iguanas Kids Club, is a special place where the children can enjoy a wonderful day filled with fun and games!
The Kids Club offers many diverse activities such as iguana feeding, arts and crafts, nature walks, treasure hunts, face painting, pool games, karaoke, sports events, video arcade and more...
A Full Day Program (with lunch included), Half Day Program (with snack included) and Night Camp (with dinner included) are all available at an additional cost.
What to wear and bring?? Children should wear shorts, socks and sneakers and bring swimsuit, sunscreen, and a hat.
• Iguanas Kids Club services are available for children from potty trained through 12 years of age only.
• Cancellation policies are applicable.
• Activities may vary according to children's ages, preferences, and weather conditions.
• The Iguanas Kids Club is at an additional cost to the guests and only available at the resort.
VIP Value Card The VIP Value Card provides extra saving incentives on some of the hotels most popular amenities.
The VIP Value Card includes the following:
• Golf: 25% off individual tee times* Tennis: 25% off individual court rentals* Spa: 25% off any treatment* Watersports: 25% off all non-motorized watersports Tours: 25% off second guest for El Yunque Caribbean Rain Forest Tour and Old San Juan Shopping Tour with one regular priced tour Cabana Rentals: 25% off daily cabana rental Food & Beverage: Free dessert with dinner at Palio or Shimas
*Discounts do not apply to merchandise, purchases or equipment rentals. Items are subject to change without advance notice. 25% discount is valid for spa services only and not valid for salon services. No cash value.
Golf Rates (available for booking in advance) & Information:
• Golf tee-times at the Rio Mar Country Club are operated by Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa. Golf rates are applicable for either course (2 courses available) and are per person, per round for play Monday through Sunday.
Available golf rates:
• Hotel Guest 18 holes
• Hotel Guest 9 holes
• Hotel Twilight (play after 2:00pm)
Please Note For Golf Rates
• Golf rates include green fees, cart fees, complimentary practice balls before playing, club storage, club cleaning, shuttle service from hotel and country club transfer to/from hotel/country club.
• Tee times are subject to availability.
• Proper dress code required on golf courses and practice facilities
• Group Rate requires a minimum of 20 players and is subject to 7% tax and a fee per person, per round (coordination fee).
• Cancellation of any confirmed reservations will be accepted without penalty if received prior to 48 hours (2 days) of confirmed tee time. Cancellations or no-shows within 48 hours will not be refunded.
Available at an additional cost:
• Club Rental (per set)
• Shoe Rental (per pair)
• Range Balls - Free warm up bucket (with paid green fees)
• Second Round with cart - rate is per person (based on tee time availability)
• Rider Fee - rate is per person (one free with paying player)
• Junior Golfer rates (17 years or younger) - fee is for cart and per golfer when playing with paying player.
Tee Time Booking Guidelines:
• Tee-times will be confirmed within 60 days prior to clients last day of play.
• The hotel cannot book tee times more than 60 days in advance.
• All tee-times in conjunction with these rates must be reported directly to the Golf Shop. Vouchers are required from guests when checking in at the Golf Shop for pre-purchased tee-times.
• Transfers charged for adults and children 3-12 years.
• Children 2 and under are free.
• Roundtrip shuttle service will operate daily from 9:00am until 12:00 midnight.
• Reservations must be made at time of booking or with the hotel concierge desk at least 72 hours in advance in order to be confirmed in manifests.
• Transfers after 8:00pm need to be confirmed
Additional Resort Policies:
• Persons under the age of 21 are not allowed to check in.
• Parties and events are not allowed in guest rooms.
• Coolers are not allowed.
• Overnight self parking and overnight valet parking are available at a cost to guests.
• The pool and recreational areas are strictly reserved for the exclusive use of registered guests.
• Resort guestrooms are 100% smoke free. Designated smoking areas are available for your convenience.
• Pet Policy: If you wish to bring your pet along when you visit Rio Mar arrangements must be made during your reservations process. Pets 25 lbs. and under may join our guests at Rio Mar when registered with the hotel. All pets must be either carried or on a leash at all times. A $50.00 non-refundable deposit is required at check-in; such deposit is not inclusive of damage to the premises caused by the pet. Service animals are allowed at all times.
• Non-motorized watersports equipment is available at an additional charge.
• No additional charge for use of the Fitness Center equipment.