Distance from hotel to town of Castries, 2 miles (3 kms). Distance from hotel to George F L Charles Airport (SLU), 1 miles (2 kms). Distance from hotel to Hewanorra International Airport (UVF), 33 miles (53 kms).
Rendezvous is one of the world's first boutique hotel for couples. Nestled in seven acres of lush tropical gardens on the two mile stretch Malabar Beach, couples can experience the intimate surroundings of this elegant all-inclusive resort. Located on the north west coast of St Lucia, the resort is two miles from the Capital City Castries and George F L Charles Airport (also known as Vigie SLU) and one hour and fifteen minutes from Hewanorra International Airport (UVF).
The site of the resort was once a vast coconut estate where over thirty years ago a St Lucian Planter by the name of Dennis Barnard built his family home on Malabar Beach. Shortly there afterwards the house was extended to include twenty bedrooms catering to the transient commercial traveler. It was then called the Malabar Beach Hotel. Over the years the hotel grew and in August 1983 the Barnard family took out a franchise and the Malabar Beach Hotel become Couples St Lucia an all-inclusive for holidaymakers. In April 1993 the Couples franchise ended and the resort reverted to the direct leader- ship of Craig Barnard and Rendezvous, The Escape for Romantics was born.
- Activities Desk
- Bar (swim-up)
- Bars (3)
- Book Exchange Program
- Currency Exchange
- Laundry Service ($)
- Pools (freshwater) (2)
- Tour Desk
- Whirlpools (2)
Golf (nearby): ($) (4 Miles Away) Miscellaneous Amenities
• Golf Practice Net Scuba Diving: ($)
• PADI Certificate Dive Center,
• Try A Dive, an opportunity to try diving with full instruction and a 12m dive
• Accompanied Diving for certified divers
• All equipment, air fills and boat included
• Full PADI courses and certification (available at additional cost). Land Sports
• Tennis, two flood lit courts with personal tuition from the resident Tennis Pro
• Archery, equipment and tuition
• Golf Clinic, a weekly golf clinic with Golf Pro, practice net and putting green
• Cycle tours with guide
• Table Tennis
• Selection of board games- Chess, backgammon, scrabble, monopoly, etc.
• Beach Volleyball
• Daily Activities- Calypso Dance Class, Classical Hour, Mixology Class Fitness Facility
• Cardio Vascular Equipment
• Multi Gym
• Free Weights
• Aerobics, Step, Aqua, Stretch and Dance Class Spa: ($) The Pavilion Spa The Pavilion Spa consists of two traditional open-air gazebos with views of the sea and pool. Surrounded by lush tropical gardens, they prove the perfect place to relax and pamper yourself with a range of high quality treatments at competitive prices. Treatments include:
• Swedish Massage
• Honeymoon Massage
• Couples Massage
• Foot Massage
• Chandra Massage
• Salt Loofah Rub
• Manicure and Pedicures
• Waxing Watersports
• Water-skiing, mono and double skis available
• Windsurfing on Hi Fly boards with personal tuition
• Sailing on Aqua Finn and Catamarans with full personal tuition
• Kayaking both one and two man canoes available
• Pool Volley Ball in our 14.85m by 6m freshwater Activities Pool
• Water Aerobics: Aqua Tone and Aqua Fitness
• Pedal Boats
• Seaside Pool, a free form fresh water pool with swim up bar especially designed for the less active person! ($) Denotes a fee may be charged. Please note: Some hotel amenities listed above may have an additional fee associated with them.
• Check-in-time: 3:00 pm Check-out-time: 12:00 pm
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• 2017 Effective dates: 01/03/17-01/02/18 The 2017 children's policy has not been received yet, please use the 2016 children's policy as a guideline. This information is subject to change.
2016 Premium Garden View Room - 2 adults.
• Verandah Suite - 2 adults.
• Seaside Suite - 2 adults.
• Luxury Beachfront Room - 2 adults.
• Beachfront Cottage - 2 adults.
• Luxury Beachfront Suite - 2 adults.
2017 The 2017 maximum occupancies have not been received yet, please use the 2016 maximum occupancies as a guideline. This information is subject to change.
Premium Garden View Room, The newly refurbished Premium Garden View rooms offer views of the lush tropical gardens through large French mullion glass doors. Doors lead out onto a comfortable patio or balcony and are situated in a three story Caribbean Style building. Patios and balconies all offer tasteful teak garden furniture. The new dcor is fresh and modern with soft seaside colors. Interior furniture in ice mist is a refreshing compliment to the room. Rooms have been upgraded to offer spacious closets, refrigerators and internet access. The king sized four poster beds that Rendezvous is known for, remain a feature improved by luxurious mattresses and pillows that will provide the best sleep you have ever had. Bathrooms offer the combination of bath and shower with luxurious bathroom amenities.
Verandah Suite, These are spacious rooms with sitting areas and large verandahs located in a two-story building overlooking the lush tropical gardens. Detailed highlights of rooms are of traditional Caribbean styling with hand- carved rosettes. Mahogany 4-poster beds are complimented by fluffy down cushions. Sitting areas have overstuffed loveseats with ottoman. Rooms are equipped with mini refrigerator, tea and coffee making facilities and amenities, CD player and clock radio. Ceiling fans circle slowly below painted wood ceilings. Cathedral ceilings adorn top floor rooms. Bathrooms are finished with Spanish marble, frameless glass shower doors and body showers. Rooms open onto large 12-foot deep verandahs decorated with steamer chairs with integral footstools as well as a teak coffee table and chairs.
Luxury Beachfront Room, The newly refurbished Beachfront Rooms are located in a vine covered 3-story traditional Caribbean style building right on the beachfront, with private terrace or balcony, sitting hammock; large bathrooms with glass block wall, and marble vanity unit. Bedroom furniture is made from hardwood with hand carved details including large dresser, desk and Durban side chair, lounge chair and ottoman. Rooms are furnished with mahogany four-poster king sized beds and superior sleep comfort mattresses. Rooms are equipped w/mini refrigerators, tea & coffee making facilities and amenities as well as CD player, I-pod docking stations and clock radio. The soft furnishings are of soft colors with bright Caribbean accents. Balconies and terraces are decorated with plush day beds for 2 and sitting hammocks overlooking the Caribbean Sea.
Seaside Suite, Well appointed rooms located on ground level allow you to walk from your room onto a private lanai that overlooks the seaside pool, the Caribbean Sea and the verdant tropical gardens. Four-poster maple beds are draped with canopies of sheer fabric. Suites are fitted with Italian marble floors throughout and truly spacious bathrooms with double vanity units and dressing table. Private terrace and sitting areas allow for basking in the warm Caribbean sunshine.
Beachfront Cottage(*), Semi-detached Caribbean Cottages set right on the beach decorated with pretty gingerbread fretwork and surrounded by lush gardens. Cottages offer private patios and are furnished with comfortable steamer chairs and teak coffee tables and chairs. Bedrooms are set on bamboo floors, and are adorned with cathedral ceilings and ceiling fans. King sized maple 4-poster beds offer views of the Caribbean sea only steps away. Furniture is rattan with driftwood finish comprising chaise lounge, loveseat, bedside tables and dresser all from the Laura Ashley collection. Cottages have CD players, I-Pod docking stations and clock radio. Bathrooms are all newly refurbished.
Luxury Beach Front Suite(*), Located in the same building as the Beachfront rooms, these units are larger with split-level bedroom/sitting areas. Bathrooms offer beautiful showers enclosed by frameless glass shower doors as well as elegant stand alone claw foot bath tubs. Suites are furnished with mahogany 4-poster king sized beds and superior sleep comfort mattresses. Furniture includes grand sectional sofas, wet bars and comfortable vanities. Suites also offer mini refrigerator, tea & coffee making facilities and amenities, CD player and I-Pod docking stations. Balconies and terraces are decorated with plush day beds for 2 and sitting hammocks overlooking the Caribbean Sea.
More Details on the Accommodations:
• Enjoy the wonderful views from either a terrace or balcony, furnished for two. Enjoy the comfort of fully air conditioned; king size four- poster beds of solid maple or mahogany; Solid marble floors, rattan or hardwood furnishings. 110/220 volt outlets, direct dial telephone, CD player and clock radios, in room safe and hospitality tray, full size iron and ironing board. Private bathroom with bath and or shower, hair dryer and razor point.
(*) Denotes on request basis only, no allotment given.
All accommodations include: bathroom (private), clock radio, hairdryer, balcony or terrace (private), telephones (direct dial), CD player, air conditioning and safe (in accommodation).
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
Piano Bar, The air-conditioned Piano Bar opens from 9:00pm until the last couple leaves hand in hand. Every night the resident pianist entertains from 10pm until 2:00am. The perfect place to end your day.
The Pool Bar, opens from 9.00 am until sunset with its swim up bar serving a full range of beverages to those around the pool and on the beach. Beach service is available directly to your lounges just place your flag in the sand and a beach waiter will come to you! This service is available during open hours.
The Terrace Bar, Offering local favorites and premium brand liquors, overlooking the ocean, just the place to watch the sun go down.
General Opening Hours: Open 12:00pm until 12:00am.
• General Opening Days: Open daily.
The Terrace Restaurant, is open daily for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Meals are served buffet style in this lovely open-air restaurant on the beach. Weekly there is a Beach Barbecue with beach party. Morning Pastries 6:30am - 7:30am Breakfast 7:30am - 10:30am Continental Breakfast 10:30am - 12:00pm Lunch 12:30pm - 2:30pm Afternoon Snack 4:00pm - 6:30pm Dinner 7:30pm - 9:30pm Late Night Snacks 11:00pm - until (served in Piano Bar)
General Opening Days: Open daily.
Dress Code: Casual.
The Trysting Place(*), for those very special nights, The Trysting Place, the air-conditioned fine dining restaurant, provides an elegant alternative, with a superb a la carte menu served with fine style, silver place settings, crystal and fine table linens. Gentlemen are requested to wear long trousers and shirts with collars.
• Reservations required (maximum party size is eight guests). Rendezvous operates a dining exchange program with its sister hotel, The BodyHoliday at LeSPORT. This allows guests to sample the Cariblue Restaurant's excellent cuisine and atmosphere. Transfers between resorts are not included. Subject to availability.
General Opening Hours: Open 7:00pm until 10:00pm.
• General Opening Days: Open six days a week.
(*) Denotes reservation is required.
ANNIVERSARY PACKAGE 2016
Booking Dates: 08/11/2015 - 01/02/2017 Travel Dates: 01/03/2016 - 01/02/2017
• Special recognition breakfast including sparkling wine on morning of anniversary
• Chilled sparkling wine in room with turndown service on anniversary night
HONEYMOON TREAT PACKAGE 2016
Booking Dates: 08/11/2015 - 01/02/2017 Travel Dates: 01/03/2016 - 01/02/2017
• Chilled sparkling wine in room on arrival
• One complimentary Honeymoon Massage per stay of 5 nights or more. Couples booking the Luxury Beachfront Suite will have a choice of having their Honeymoon Massage in their room.
• One complimentary Honeymoon Turndown service including candlelight, scattered petals and soft music on the 1st night of the stay. The standard turndown service will be provided on all remaining nights.
• Weekly beach side Honeymooners exclusive social event
• Guests may qualify for a guaranteed room upgrade by upgrading their honeymoon experience to a Premium EverAfter Honeymoon Collection Option (this is at an additional cost to guests). Please ask for details if interested.
Package inclusions are subject to change.
• Each night enjoy live entertainment on the Terrace. Whether you're dancing to the live band, watching one of the cultural floorshows, joining the renowned staff and guest show or simply enjoying the recorded music, you'll have a great time!
Once the music starts to fade on the Terrace, join the resident pianist in the Piano Bar from 10pm-2am, where you can relax in the air-conditioned atmosphere, before walking hand in hand back to your room.
• For all bookings made at the SunSwept Resorts, the arriving flight information must be given to assist housekeeping in preparing the rooms for arrivals.
General Destination Info - Important!
• Please advise all clients traveling to St. Lucia:
• That the wearing of camouflage or military apparel is illegal and enforceable by law.
Feature Months for 2016 at Rendezvous:
• Travel Dates: 06/01/2016 - 09/30/2016
JIVE-JUNE - Effective dates: 06/01/16-07/02/16 Can you Cha Cha Cha?? Do you know your Samba from your Tango?? Dancing is great fun and amazing exercise! That is why the hotel is dedicating the whole month of June to dance and are calling it Jive-June.
With the resident ballroom supremos, guests will be taken by the hand and whirled around the dance floor. They will be exposed to various dance classes per week with different styles of dancing from the Jive to a Tango.
Summer Tryst - Effective dates: 07/03/16-09/30/16 Sometimes couples need to pause and reboot... A summer break at Rendezvous can offer just that. Are you looking for new, refreshing experiences you can share together?? Have fun discovering the undiscovered St. Lucia.
Have you done of these together: cook and discover exotic herbs and spices, take a photography class set against the backdrop of breath-taking scenery, dive through turquoise blue Caribbean Seas, seek adventure through rain forests, majestic mountains and magical sites, relax by learning yoga or Pilates or be pampered with sensual spa experiences?? If you would like to experience some of these - See you this summer!
• No smoking in rooms, dining areas (indoor and out) and Terrace Lounge.