Distance from hotel to town, 1 miles (2 kms). Distance from hotel to Princess Juliana International Airport (SXM), 7 miles (11 kms).
The Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort, Casino & Spa is situated on the Dutch side of St. Maarten, 25 minutes drive from Princess Juliana's International Airport and positioned on one of the most beautiful beaches overlooking the Great Bay harbor itself in full view of the stationed cruise ships yet a 10 minute walk to the down town capital of Philipsburg where you can enjoy a truly remarkable duty free shopping experience never to be forgotten.
- Bars (4)
- Car Rental Desk ($)
- Dolphin Encounters ($)
- Entertainment ($)
- Excursions (daily, guided) ($)
- Fitness Center
- Fitness Center ($)
- Gift Shop ($)
- Golf ($)
- Internet Access (Wi-Fi)
- Internet Cafe ($)
- Pool (infinity)
- Pools (3)
- Restaurants (4)
- Shopping (duty free) ($)
- Spa Services ($)
- Table Tennis
- Tennis Courts (lighted)
- Tour Desk
- Tour Desk ($)
- Volleyball (beach)
- Wedding Facilities
Meeting/banquet Facilities The property offers an array of meeting facilities and over 4,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space. Quiet nooks offer respite for smaller team sessions, while banquet capacity for 250 plays charming host to larger events. Meeting and Private Functions can be arranged (subject to availability). Spa: ($) Serenity Spa, the resort's full-service spa, promises a rejuvenating atmosphere and a variety of services to soothe and relax. Indulge yourself with hot stone massage, aromatherapy massage, couple's massage, detoxifying de-stressing treatments for men and the green coffee cellulite treatment and much more. Spa services are available for an additional fee. Casino Golden Casino, Gaming is famed on the island of St. Maarten and Lady Luck is your date at Sonesta Great Bay's Golden Casino. Open every night until the early morning hours, it's the perfect place to kick off or end your nights in St. Maarten. Enjoy over 85 start-of-the-art slot machines and electronic Caribbean stud poker, blackjack, and roulette. Activities Center Water Aerobics, Volleyball, Crab Racing, Scuba Diving, Tennis, Shuffleboard, Table Soccer, Black Jack Lessons, Table Tennis, Bingo ($) Denotes a fee may be charged. Please note: Some hotel amenities listed above may have an additional fee associated with them.
• Check-in-time: 3:00 pm Check-out-time: 12:00 pm
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• 2016 Effective dates: 12/25/15-12/22/16
• The child policy is not applicable, the resort is now adults only.
• The resort is now only accepting guests 18 years of age and older.
2017 Effective dates: 12/25/16-12/22/17 The 2017 children's policy has not been received yet, please use the 2016 children's policy as a guideline. This information is subject to change.
2016 Serenity Island View Room - 3 adults.
• Grande Island View Room - 3 adults.
• Island View Junior Suite - 2 adults.
• Serenity Ocean View Room - 3 adults.
• Grande Ocean View Room - 3 adults.
• Oceanview Junior Suite - 2 adults.
• Miramar Ocean View Room - 2 adults.
• Miramar One Bedroom Butler Suite - 3 adults.
• Miramar Two Bedroom Butler Suite - 4 adults.
2017 The 2017 maximum occupancies have not been received yet, please use the 2016 maximum occupancies as a guideline. This information is subject to change.
Serenity Island View Room, Refreshingly refined, comfortable accommodations are accented by cool new colors and expansive views of the rolling, green hills of the breathtaking island landscape. Located on floors 1-3, in the resort's iconic Flamboyant Wing, each room offers delightful amenities, and 1 comfortable king or 2 double beds.
Grande Island View Room, Refreshingly refined, comfortable accommodations are accented by cool colors and expansive views of the rolling, green hills of the breathtaking island landscape. Located on floors 4-7, in the resort's iconic Flamboyant Wing, each room offers delightful amenities, and 1 comfortable king or 2 double beds.
• Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds.
Island View Junior Suite(*), Designed with guests' ultimate comfort in mind, these choice hideaways are sought after for a sprawling sitting area, coveted corner location, lavish bathroom with Jacuzzi and enviable position overlooking flowering, tropical gardens. Located in the Flamboyant Wing with 1 king or 2 double beds.
Serenity Ocean View Room, Continually captivating, the panoramic vista of Great Bay's vibrant blue waters and white-sand beach are the backdrop to the plush comfort of teak furnishings that blend seamlessly with the environment. Each are located on floors 1-3, in the Flamboyant Wing and feature 1 king or 2 double beds.
Grande Ocean View Room, Continually captivating, the panoramic vista of Great Bay's vibrant blue waters and white-sand beach are the backdrop to the plush comfort of teak furnishings that blend seamlessly with the environment. Located on floors 4-7, in the Flamboyant Wing.
• Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds.
Ocean View Junior Suite(*), The sparkle of panoramic ocean views color every moment of your stay here. Stretch out in generous living spaces and be enchanted by the serenity of your private balcony or terrace. Located in the Flamboyant Wing, each feature an expansive sitting room, oversized bathroom, 1 king or 2 double beds.
Miramar Ocean View Room(*), Fashioned exclusively for romance, these stylish, ocean view retreats delight with vistas of the endless blue Caribbean Sea and the secluded Miramar swimming pool. Savor leisurely mornings and romantic nights. Located in the Miramar Wing, each feature a king bed for an intimate sojourn.
Miramar One Bedroom Butler Suite, Spoiling oneself has never felt so good. Here the living is refined-from an expansive living room with dining area, private balcony or terrace and open kitchen to newly introduced, personalized butler service to ensure bespoke service day or night. In the Miramar Wing, each feature 1 king bed.
Miramar Two Bedroom Butler Suite(*), with easy elegance and uncompromising service to guests seeking a spacious setting, uninterrupted ocean views from a balcony or terrace showcase 2 sumptuously-furnished bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, living/dining area and open kitchen. Butler Service assures flawless, service any time, day or night.
• The resort butler service is only available in the highest level of suites, provides our most discerning guests with a high standard of service, where your every need is anticipated. Maximum service with minimum intrusion.
Butler Service Information:
• The Butler Service is only provided in specified room categories. Please see details below of what services the butler will provide for guests in these categories.
Before arrival, your butler will:
• Ensure preferences are in-suite upon arrival
• Arrange transfers
On arrival, your butler will:
• Provide all information regarding tours and spa services
• Unpack guest(s) luggage
• Provide a private orientation of the property
• Press first nights clothes complimentary
• Provide the guest with a cell phone so they can keep in contact with each other throughout their stay and with the butler
During your stay, your butler will:
• Make all dinner reservations, tour bookings, on property activities and spa treatments
• Serve guest(s) their favorite drinks while they lounge on the beach or pool
• Serve lunch on the beach or on the pool
• Liaise with housekeeping re servicing of the suite
• Ensure that the suite is kept in perfect condition and arranged the way the guest likes during their stay
• Expedite all room service orders
• Arrange a perfect romantic dinner for two in the privacy of the suite or on your patio.
• Shine/clean guest(s) shoes for dinner
• Tend to guest wardrobe
• Collect and return all laundry
In the evening, your butler will:
• Bring amenities before dinner
• Escort the guest(s) to dinner where you have reserved a beautifully decorated table at the restaurant of their choice with preferential seating
• Ensure the suite is turned down and the room has all it needs for the night
Before departure, your butler will:
• Arrange transportation back to the airport
• Provide information regarding check out
• Assist in folding guest clothes for packing
• Retain all preferences for future visits
At departure time, your butler will:
• Ensure guest bags are brought up to the departure area
• Escort guest(s) to the butler lounge and process the necessary paperwork for check out
• Escort guest(s) to the transportation and bid farewell
*Please note these butler services/inclusions are subject to change and should only be used as a guideline for guests.
(*) Denotes on request basis only, no allotment given.
All accommodations include: ironing board, mini-bar (fully stocked), safety deposit box, telephone (direct dial), television (flat screen, satellite), air conditioning, iron, bath amenities (upscale), clock radio, coffee maker, iPod docking station, internet access (wireless) and balcony or terrace (private).
Safe (in Accommodation): ($)
($) Denotes a fee may be charged.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
Anchor Swim-up Bar, Anchor Swim-Up Bar, The infinity pool is a picturesque place to enjoy a cool, refreshing beverage, with uncompromising views of the beach. Simply swim up for service the best part is never having to leave the pool!
The Bay View Bar, Gorgeously installed striking aquamarine glass reminiscent of the Caribbean sea are the backdrop for this popular bar, where our mixologists concoct creative cocktails and mocktails with refreshing ingredients and Premium liquors.
The Living Room Bar & Lounge, Live entertainment, dancing, and local bands set the scene at the vivacious lobby level bar & lounge.
• Guests unwind and enjoy themselves at this unique space to mingle and meet fellow travelers.
The Lobby Bar, Teak furnishings and vibrant island prints adorn the Lobby Bar, creating a relaxing lounge-like atmosphere amongst the lively lobby space. Pre and post dinner drinks are served throughout the evening, making this bar one of our guests favorites.
Tre Assi Pizzeria, Enjoy casual daytime dining at this beachfront terrace pizzeria. Oven-fired, authentic Italian pizza is made-to-order and a must have for a midday meal. If there are too many toppings to choose from, grilled sandwiches and burgers are also served. Those opting for something lighter can indulge in the selection of fresh fruit and salads.
Il Pescatore Seafood Restaurant, Refined dining at Il Pescatore offers an a la carte menu including a bountiful special seafood plate for two. Views of the Caribbean Sea create a peaceful ambiance in this indoor space, with air-conditioning to cool down warm island nights, while windows are opened on select evenings to enjoy the ocean breeze.
• In the morning, the same space offers delicious, white glove, a la carte breakfast with a host of delicious offerings, complimented by the serene surroundings. Caribbean chic attire recommended.
The Bay View Restaurant, A lavish buffet and a selection of dishes from exciting, live cooking stations, provide myriad of options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The serene seating and sweeping views of the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea are the perfect backdrops for any occasion. Located on the lower lobby and main pool level.
Waters Edge Restaurant, Truly on the edge of the water, this al fresco dining is a chic retreat for a romantic meal or relaxing respite.
• Mediterranean and Italian cuisine graces the a la carte menu, and ranges from traditional favorites to updates on classic dishes. Waters Edge is perfect place to cozy up with a bottle of wine and watch the lights from the nearby capital city and sailing ships.
LIMITLESS ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE 2016
Booking Dates: 05/04/2015 - 12/22/2016 Travel Dates: 12/25/2015 - 12/22/2016
• Full breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and drinks each day at a choice of four restaurants and four bars and lounges
• All hotel taxes and gratuities
• Champagne check-in
• Premier liquors
• Free Wi-Fi in common areas and guest rooms
• Beach service
• Room service in butler suites only
• Afternoon tea
• Evening turndown service
• Weekly manager's cocktail party and beach party dinner
• In-room mini-fridge refreshed daily with soft drinks, bottled water (and for premier categories and higher, select spirits and beer)
• Guest pass to Sonesta Maho Beach Resort with complimentary use of the sister resort's facilities, restaurants, bars and lounges
• Daytime activities including water aerobics, pool activities, use of snorkeling equipment, tennis, darts, beach chess and more
• Nightly theme parties and live entertainment
• Use of the fitness room
• Nightly outdoor movies
Package inclusions are subject to change.
2015-2016 Bonus Features:
• Travel Dates: 01/01/2015 - 12/22/2016
• Use of swimming pools and whirlpool hot tubs
• Use of chaise lounges and towels at hotel beach and pools
• Invitation to the Managers Cocktail Party
• Live entertainment on some evenings in the restaurant and lounge
• Free access to the Fitness Room
• Daytime activities including aerobics, bocce ball, board games, darts, jogging trail, ping-pong, snorkeling, tennis, and water aerobics
• Free parking
New Years Eve Mandatory Supplement All New Years Eve All Inclusive (AI) bookings are subject to a per person surcharge for the New Years Eve Dinner Party.
Stay at One Resort & Play at Two Option The Sonesta Resorts St. Maarten is now offering guests the option to Stay at 1 Resort and Play at 2! Guests may now enjoy the All-Inclusive (AI) amenities of both properties during their visit to the island. Please review below the amenities offered at each property.
Sonesta Maho Beach Resort & Casino:
• Serenity Spa
• Casino Royale
• Tantra Nightclub -2 Pools
Sonesta Great Bay Beach Resort & Casino:
• 2-Mile Beach with walking access to shopping district
• Watersports & dive shop -3 pools
• Daily games