Distance from hotel to Charlotte Amalie, 8 miles (13 kms). Distance from hotel to Cyril E. King Airport (STT), 30 minutes.
The Sugar Bay Resort & Spa is perched mountainside surrounded by breathtaking views of the Caribbean Sea and neighboring islands. Guests enjoy a secluded beach with an array of watersports including snorkeling, scuba diving and kayaking; three interconnecting fresh- water pools with a waterfall and grotto; mini-golf, tennis complex; onsite spa; state-of-the-art fitness center offering aerobic and yoga classes; nightly entertainment and a comprehensive schedule of daily activities. Various restaurants, coffee shop, pool grill and multiple lounges offer a diverse dining experience - continental and Italian cuisine, casual bistro dining & even bountiful brunch buffets complete the dining options. For golf enthusiasts, nearby Mahogany Run Golf Course offers 18 of the most beautiful holes in The Caribbean, while younger guests can enjoy the resort's Kids Club, offering a wide range of supervised activities. Other diversions include eco- tours, day trips to neighboring islands and renowned shopping in Charlotte Amalie.
- Activities Desk
- Aerobics (aqua)
- Babysitting Services
- Bars (2)
- Basketball Court
- Beach (private)
- Beauty Salon
- Car Rentals ($)
- Children's Club
- Fitness Center
- Internet Access (high speed, wireless) ($)
- Laundry Services ($)
- Meeting Rooms ($)
- Miniature Golf
- Parking (valet) ($)
- Physician (on call) ($)
- Restaurants (3)
- Shop (gift) ($)
- Shop (jewelry) ($)
- Shop (sundries) ($)
- Spa (full service) ($)
- Suites (9)
- Tennis Courts (lighted) (4)
- Tour Desk ($)
- Tours & Excursions ($)
- Valet Service ($)
• Golf (nearby), approximately 5 miles away at the Mahogany Run 18-hole, championship golf course.
• Watersports complex to arrange windsurfing, kayaking, snorkeling, wave runners, para-sailing, scuba diving and water skiing (these activities are at an additional cost).
• Complimentary introductory SCUBA clinic for all guests.
• Daily guest activity schedule including beach side games, group sports, snorkel tours, fitness activities and nightly entertainment
• Quarter-mile outdoor fitness trail
• Amphitheatre showing movies nightly
• Range of indoor and outdoor settings for breaks, pre-function activities, theme parties and receptions.
• St John's Terrace, suspended 100 feet above the water, with panoramic views, the perfect wedding venue, plus beach and garden gazebos.
• Onsite, dedicated wedding department team
• Pool Games -20 Video Gaming Machines
• Diamond International Store Pools: (3) Three interconnecting freshwater pools with waterfall and grotto Rooms: (294) 294 spacious and well appointed guestrooms, including 7 one-bedroom suites, 26 ClearAir hypoallergenic rooms. Fitness Center 2,500 square-foot fitness center with cardiovascular and weight-training rooms, and separate aerobics studio offering yoga, aerobics, pilates and belly- dancing classes. Health Club Hours of Operation Monday-Friday 6:30am-9:30pm Saturday-Sunday 8:00am-8:00pm Journeys Spa ($) 10,000-square-foot Journey's Spa, featuring six treatment rooms, private couple's massage suite, hydrotherapy rooms and private outdoor massage cabana. Spa services and treatments are not included in the All Inclusive Plan. Spa Features & Amenities:
• Signature Spa Treatments
• Massage, Aromatherapy, Body Wraps
• Facials, Hydrotherapy
• Deluxe Private Treatment Rooms
• Exclusive Private Couples Suite
• Outdoor Private Cabana for Massage
• Private Outdoor Sanctuaries
• Steam, Sauna, Hot Tubs, Rainforest Showers
• Relaxation Lounge
• Body treatments are by Pure Fiji
• Skin care is by Sotheys
• Hair care is Moroccan Oil & Phyto-Boutique
• Salon Services
• Manicures, Pedicures, Make-up
• Wedding and Romance Packages
• Full Service Fitness Center
• State-of-the-Art Cardiovascular Center
• Pilates and Yoga Studio Spa Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 6:30am-9:30pm Saturday-Sunday 8:00am-8:00pm *Hours of operation are subject to change. Watersports ($) Non-motorized watersports are at an additional cost and include the following activities: windsurfing, hobie-cat sailing, kayaks, snorkeling, scuba/snorkel clinics included (additional fee for boat dives). Snorkel cruises, water skiing, and scuba diving, wave runners, private sailing and tennis lessons are also available (fees vary). Children's Club Children's Club - complimentary, supervised children's programs for children ages 4-12 featuring club room with games, videos, arts and crafts, nature walks and full daily program. ($) Denotes a fee may be charged. Please note: Some hotel amenities listed above may have an additional fee associated with them.
• Check-in-time: 3:00 pm Check-out-time: 11:00 am
Early check-in and late checkout on request, and subject to availability.
• For the European Plan "room only"rates, children ages 3-17 stay free with accompanying adult(s).
• Resortview Room - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Bayview Room - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Oceanview Room - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• ClearAir Room - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
• 1 Bedroom Suite - 4 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
Resortview, Panoramic resort and water bay views, one king bed or two double beds, non-smoking, furnished balcony, access via exterior corridors, 475 square feet, Balinese-style furnishings, two-chair dining set, data port for internet access (surcharges), multi-line telephone with voice mail, cable/satellite television, on-command movies and video games (surcharge), mini refrigerator, coffee maker, in-room safe, air conditioning, ceiling fan, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. Spacious bathroom provides shower/tub combination, marble floor and separate vanity. Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds.
Bay View, Panoramic water bay with partial oceanviews, one king bed or two double beds, non-smoking, furnished balcony, access via exterior corridors, 475 square feet, Balinese-style furnishings, two-chair dining set, data port for internet access (surcharges), multi-line phone with voice mail, cable/satellite television, on command movies and video games (surcharge), mini refrigerator, coffee maker, in-room safe, air conditioning, ceiling fan, hair dryer, iron & ironing board. Spacious bathroom provides shower/tub combination, marble floor, and separate vanity. Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds.
Oceanview, Breathtaking panoramic ocean and islands view, one king bed or two double beds, non-smoking, furnished balcony, access via exterior corridors, 475 square feet, Balinese-style furnishings, two-chair dining set, data port for internet access (surcharges), multi-line phone with voice mail, cable/satellite television, on command movies and video games (surcharge), mini refrigerator, coffee maker, in-room safe, air conditioning, ceiling fan, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. Spacious bathroom provides shower/tub combination, marble floor, and separate vanity. Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds. View: Ocean.
Clear Air Hypoallergenic Room(*), panoramic views of water bay & ocean views (we call them water view), one king or two double beds, non-smoking, furnished balcony, access via exterior corridors, 475 square feet, Balinese- style furnishings, two-chair dining set, data port for internet access (surcharges), multi-line phone with voice mail, cable/satellite television, on-command movies and video games (surcharge), mini refrigerator, coffee maker, in-room safe, air conditioning, ceiling fan, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. Spacious bathroom provides shower/tub combination, marble floor, and separate vanity. Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds.
One Bedroom Suite(*), panoramic water views, one king bed or two double beds, non-smoking, parlor, furnished balcony, access via exterior corridors, 800 square feet, Balinese-style furnishings, two-chair dining set, data port for internet access (surcharges), multi-line phone with voice mail, cable/satellite television, on-command movies and video games (surcharge), mini refrigerator, coffee maker, in-room safe, air conditioning, ceiling fan, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. Spacious bath- room provides shower/tub combination, marble floor and separate vanity. Bedding: 1 king bed or 2 double beds. View: Water.
• Be Well bedding components are 250 thread count sheets, tailored bed skirt, duvet cover, quilted decorative bed blanket, euro sham and signature embroidered bolster.
• This change will compliment the recent room upgrades including the installation of the MP3 Alarm Clock, Signature Coffee Maker, the Wolfgang Puck Coffee Sampler and the True Blue Spa bath and skin care line.
• ClearAir Rooms definition: Approximately 25 Bay View and Oceanview Rooms have been converted into a clean air room. The Resort is committed to be fresh air and a fresh environment for all guests, but especially those that suffer from allergies. A Clean Air room has been put thru a Pure-Process that takes a standard sleeping room and turns it into an allergy friendly room by reducing the impact of potential irritants to guests. It does so by significantly improving the air quality in the guest room, which is beneficial for every guest, not just allergy sufferers.
(*) Denotes on request basis only, no allotment given.
All accommodations include: ironing board, clothes press, desk (work), balcony (private), safe (in accommodation), internet access (high speed): ($), bathtub/shower separate, lamp, coffee maker, air conditioning, movies, hairdryer, bathrobe, telephone (direct dial, two lines, voicemail), ceiling fan, iron, mini refrigerator, data port, alarm clock, radio (am/fm), heating (individual climate control), bathroom (private), television (satellite) and modem point.
($) Denotes a fee may be charged.
Specific bedding and/or special requests are fulfilled based on availability and cannot always be guaranteed.
The Lobby Bar, Serves cocktails and snacks in an intimate setting.
Caribe Marketplace, Caribe Marketplace, Specialty coffee and light snacks, located on the first floor by the meeting rooms. Menus
• include coffee, cappuccinos, lattes, stuffed croissants and an assortment of pastries in the morning. Afternoon and evening fare includes freshly made salads, gourmet sandwiches and fresh fruit, Ben & Jerry's ice cream with assorted toppings and homemade chocolate chip cookies. Beverages include Fiji water, local imported beers, wine, juices and much more. Bring along your picnic lunch for a day excursion. Caribe Marketplace is not included on the AIP program.
General Opening Hours: 6:30am-10:00pm General Opening Days: Daily
Ocean Club/gaming Center, An art deco nightclub featuring live entertainment and dancing.
Mangrove Restaurant, the lunch menu will be comprised of gourmet fresh food such as a chef prepared Caesar, fresh made sandwiches, grill items, pizza and pannini's replacing the current buffet menu with a more inviting marketplace feel during the daytime hours. Although the Mangrove Restaurant has typically changed its buffet menu nightly, the enhancements to this area included a full theme component in decor, buffet selections, favors & entertainment all to compliment the food selections in this seaside eatery. Open 7 nights per week, Mangrove offers a proposed weekly schedule including themes such as South of the Border, Little Italy, K'Asian, Margaritaville, Caribbean Carnival Night (with Carnival Show), Seafood Night, and Pirate in Paradise buffet which also includes a Pirate Show! These theme nights are subject to change; this is just an example of what a typical week may include.
Manor House Restaurant, Serving breakfast and dinner in a panoramic oceanview setting.
General Opening Hours: Breakfast and dinner General Opening Days: Daily
Restorante Baci, beachside restaurant, open seasonally, serving Italian cuisine with a flair.
General Opening Hours: 6:00pm-9:00pm
Turtle Rock Sports Bar, Offers spirits in a casual atmosphere.
• For dining options guests can choose the Manor House and Mangrove's. A themed dinner at Mangrove's is available and varies each night featuring Caribbean, Italian, Mediterranean, Asian, Seafood, BBQ, and Chef's Creations.
• Also pizza is served in the Manor House and Casino lounge in the evening and available on the AIP plan. Bar bites (light appetizers) will be served at the Manor House lounge and the Ocean Club Bar and will be included in the AIP plan. As mentioned, Barista is also opened with a light fare menu as previously described. The Manor
• House buffet area is completely renovated.
ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE 2010-2013
Booking Dates: 10/01/2010 - 03/31/2013 Travel Dates: 07/01/2010 - 04/24/2011 04/25/2011 - 04/07/2012 04/08/2012 - 03/31/2013
• Room, tax and service charge
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily, during restaurant hours (some restrictions may apply)
• Unlimited house brand cocktails, domestic beer, wine by the glass, and non-alcoholic beverages, during restaurant & bar hours
• Welcome punch upon arrival
• Beach towels and lounge chairs by the pool and on the beach
• Non-motorized watersports, snorkeling equipment and beach volleyball
• Use of tennis courts day & night, poolside Jacuzzi and fitness center
• Half-day Kids Klub program admission (4-12 years old)
• Miniature golf
• Daily activity program
• Hotel Association Marketing Fee
• Fruit skewers poolside
• Cold washcloths at pool
• Complimentary parking
• Resort shuttle on property (does not leave resort)
• Free introduction to scuba lessons
• Taxes and service fees are included in the All Inclusive rates.
• Government Room Tax and Resort Service Fee are subject to change without notice.
• No refunds on unused features.
Not Included (at an additional cost):
• Caribe Market Place Purchases and Sugar Bay Express
• Limited room service
• Holiday or theme events
• Food & beverage gratuity over 15%
• Local or long distance phone calls
• Retail shop purchases
• Motorized watersports & equipment
• On command movies
• Wi-Fi or in room internet access
• Journey spa services
• Airport transfers
• Winner's Bumper Boats and game arcade
Package inclusions are subject to change.
• All of the above listed meal plan options include:
• 15% gratuity, coffee, tea, ice tea and soft drinks.
• Daily activities
• Towels (beach)
• Lounges (pool/beach)
• Free introduction to scuba lesson
• Cold Washcloths at Pool
• Welcome Punch upon Arrival
• Resort Shuttle on property
• Fruit at Poolside
• No cover charge at Ocean Club Casino
• Free use of tennis courts day & night
• Complimentary admittance to Fitness Center
• Tennis Clinic
Resort Dress Code:
• Resort Casual Attire is acceptable daytime anywhere on the resort.
• Resort Casual Attire: Shorts, t-shirts, jeans, sundresses and similar apparel recommended.
• Bathing suit cover-ups are required in all restaurants and public areas.
• Resort Elegant Attire is strictly enforced during evening dining in both Ristorante Baci and Manor House Restaurants
• Resort Elegant Attire: Polo shirts, button-down collared shirts, long or short dresses, slacks, sundresses, skirts, evening sandals or similar apparel recommended. Jackets are optional. No swim shorts, bathing suits, denim, t-shirts, sneakers or flip flops.
Optional Cabana Rental Add-On:
• Cabanas times: 9am-5pm daily
• The resort offers a tropical alternative to the traditional chaise lounge at the pool & beach, the Sugar Bay Resort & Spa is delighted to offer your arriving guest the ability to pre-book their Beach or Pool Cabana when they reserve their sleeping accommodations. Rentals are available on a request basis only; as the inventory is limited. Cabanas are not available for evening usage. Cabana Rentals begin on the morning following the arrival day and end with the last full day of the guest stay prior to departure.
• Furniture Component: Either an Executive Couples Chaise Lounge or two Single Executive Chaises plus a side table.
• Amenity Component: Four rolled towels, Two robes, cooler with iced bottled water, two snack presentations during the rental period, writing materials, (stationary, post- cards & a pen), a New York Times - Times Fax, magazines & assorted destination information.
• There are a total of eight Cabanas available, five at poolside & three at beachfront. Each has executive chaise lounges to accommodate two persons. Each cabana is equipped with side, front & rear privacy curtains. Restrooms are located nearby under the grotto waterfall.
• Helicopter transfers are now available to and from the airport or for sightseeing tours. The helicopter pad is adjacent to the hotel parking area for easy access. This can be booked by contacting the concierge desk in the lobby.
• Plenty of activities for adults and children.
• The children's daily program complimentary to guests provide a great source of fun for children in the Grotto Grove Kids Klub. Some activities include iguana feeding, t-shirt painting, and cooking classes. This year, the Resort has added bumper boats and mini golf for the kids (for an additional fee). In the evening enjoy the nightly complimentary movie in the amphi-theatre.
Tourist Attractions Nearby:
• Duty Free Shops : 9 miles(15 kms)
• Coral World : 1 mile(2 kms)
• Magen's Bay : 6 miles(10 kms)
• American Yacht Harbor : 3 miles(5 kms)
• St. John National Park & boat ferry for 25 minutes : 3 miles(5 kms)
• Paradise Point Tramway : 8 miles(13 kms)